Saturday, June 18, 2016

More Beaded Beads and Things

Yes, I am still making beaded beads.

In the following pics, I am playing with the herringbone stitch with different beads to see the effect.
The larger bead uses a size 6/0; the silver one uses a size 11/0; and, the smaller one uses a short cylinder bead (not sure of the size, as something that I had on hand) with a size 15/0 on the ends.


This green 6/0 seed bead uses a circular peyote stitch.


Using 6 mm pearls and size 6/0 black seed beads, with 11/0 seed beads for the bail, I was able to construct this circular pendant.


Starting a with rectangular cubic right angle weave (CRAW) using 6/0 seed beads, I formed it into a bow with the 6/0 beads in the middle.  I then used 11/0 seed beads to embellish the piece.


Was wondering how many different ways I could change angles in CRAW.  I changed angles five time and the result is the piece below.  Again, the base is 6/0 seed beads (in a silver metallic color).  Then, I used 6/0 seed beads in a glass green and matted green to embellish the piece.


Although the piece below looks like CRAW, it is really two flat RAW pieces that were then weaved together to form the pendant.  I used 6 mm pearls, with 6/0 silver glass beads to embellish it.


The piece below is another work in CRAW using 6 mm pearls and 11/0 silver seed beads to embellish.


Again, curiosity got the best of me.  Wanted to know if I could "weave" a  little basket with 6/0 silver metallic beads.  Did two pieces in CRAW and then RAWed them together.  Also, did a flat RAW piece to "weave" to the back.  What do you think?


I really hope you are enjoying my journey into bead weaving.  Leave me a comment to know what you think or if you would like to see any other techniques.

Thanks for stopping...bye!!!!

No comments: