Monday, October 24, 2011

Paper Towel Rolls

I have this crateload of paper towel and toilet paper rolls.  I think now would be a good time to make some mini albums to give as birthday/Christmas gifts.

I will take 5 paper towel rolls and cut them in half.  Then I will take 10 sheets of black 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock and two binding rings to make the bases for two mini albums.  From there, you can take and finish it any way you choose.  Have fun and be creative!!!

I do have a video coming to show you how I did it.  Hopefully, you will feel inspired to try it yourself.  We can recycle and get gifts, all at the same time.

Here are the measurements for you to get started:
Cut the cardstock width-wise at 5 1/2" (for 2 even sheets of 5 1/2" x 8 1/2")
Then, cut these sheets to measure 5 1/2" x 6 7/8". (Don't discard the left over scrap of paper).
Score each sheet lengthwise at 2" and 4 3/4".
Take the left over piece and score it at 1 1/2" and 4 1/4".
Tape the rolls to the 5 1/2" x 6 7/8" sheets, using the scored areas.
Tape the 1 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece across the left-hand side.
Put two holes in the left-hand side at 3/4" and 1 3/4" from the side.
Connect the five panels with the 2 binding rings.

Now decorate and embellish as you desire.

For my mats, I cut the papers at 2 1/2" x 5 1/4".

If you do decide to try it, send me a picture of your completed album at thingsmadebyhand@gmail.com.

Thanks for stopping...bye.

No comments: